USB Card Readers
Prevent data theft and restrict access to your devices
Our USB Card Reader portfolio allows you to control the access to your MFPs by having users identify themselves with an ID card before the device unlocks.
Users can log in with nearly any proximity ID card. Identification gives you the means to allocate print quotas and control the cost very easily. It also drastically increases the security of your documents as the MFP only prints when someone is there to recieve the printouts.
- Printouts are often left unguarded in printer trays – How can I secure my documents against data theft?
- We do have PINs to control the access to our devices, but they are tedious to enter – How can I make the login process faster and easier?
- Keeping in check the printing costs is difficult – How can I make sure the printing quotas are respected?
- Security: The device only releases the documents when the sender logs in at the device with his or her proximity ID card. This reduces waste and document insecurity.
- Easy Use: One quick swipe is enough to unlock the device.
- Cost Control: Get detailed reports on each user’s printing activity and simply set up compelling printing quotas.
Features & Specifications
KYOCERA’s USB card reader portfolio is designed for seamless integration of KYOCERA devices into existing security measures.
By swiping the ID media in front of the card reader, the user logs onto the device and can access the device’s functions and retrieve printouts. The USB card readers can be used for local authentication without any additional software, or combined with embedded and server solutions for more advanced functions.
- One for all: Use one and the same ID card for all access control points in your office.
- Only a few types of USB card reader: Supports all prevailing transponder technologies (i.e. Legic, MiFare, HID etc.).
- Security: Documents can be accessed, printed and scanned by authorised persons only.
- Flexibility: Large variety of internal and external card readers for a seamless integration with the devices.