How can KNM help you balance cost and security?
There are many different types of print control systems available in the market, all offering cost savings and control. However the basic premise of more advanced print control solutions is that the user prints a job to a shared ‘virtual’ queue hosted on a central print server.
The job is held on that server until the user authenticates with a device and selects the job(s) to be printed. The printed job is then sent to the device for output. Audit information is recorded at the server for reporting purposes, and is becoming all the more important with the introduction of GDPR. Over and above the standard features, functions and basic applications available on an MFP, a system like KYOCERA Net Manager can provide the following benefits:
- A single point of administration to manage the user printing and MFP fleet including setup of workflow processes.
- Document confidentiality by allowing customers to safely print data sensitive documents by only specified users.
- Job privacy licenses allow for job data to be hidden, except from the specific user.
- Printing convenience and efficiency by allowing customers to use any printer device that is ready to print.
- Cost management by informing regularly about the number of printed pages and printing costs.
- Scanning and workflow features to increase user efficiency while strengthening customers document workflow processes. Dedicated scanning and workflow processes can be assigned to a user or group of users by offering an enormous potential of savings.
- Mobility through printing documents from a mobile device by using the mobile app. This is available for iOS and Android, and offers advanced printing and scanning functionalities.
- Local Print Spooling for authorised and authenticated printing in environments where there is no server in the local branch office – or there is a requirement that sensitive documents do not leave the branch location, no print job will be spooled via a KYOCERA Net Manager server.